- July 19, 2021
- July 1, 2021
- June 17, 2021
- June 1, 2021
- April 30, 2021
- April 8, 2021
- March 25, 2021
- March 15, 2021
- February 25, 2021
- February 8, 2021
- January 28, 2021
- January 21, 2021
- January 13, 2021
- 2020 Releases
- Getting Started
- Cross Connects
- Virtual Circuits
- Cloud Connectivity Overview
- Hosted vs. Dedicated Connections
- Amazon Web Services
Google Cloud Platform
- Google Cloud Interconnect Overview
- Pricing Examples
- High Availability and Redundancy
- Microsoft Azure
- IBM Cloud
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Cloud Router Overview
- Requirements and Feature Support
- Create and Manage Cloud Routers
- Add Connections
- Manage Connections
- BGP Sessions
- Resources and FAQ
- Marketplace & IX
- Troubleshooting & FAQ
- Technical Reference
- Reseller Admin Portal
Upgrade a Virtual Circuit
When you upgrade a virtual circuit, you can do the following:
- Move from a usage-based plan to a dedicated plan.
- Change the terms to a longer contract. For example, if you are on a month-to-month contract, you can change to a 12 month contract (which comes with a discount).
- Increase the capacity up to whatever the physical port allows.
To upgrade a virtual circuit, log in to the portal and select Network > Virtual Circuits.
Select Upgrade from the overflow menu next to the virtual circuit you are upgrading:
A window opens where you can select the term and speed.
Your current monthly rate is displayed alongside your new monthly rate:
The upgrade process should take effect within a few minutes.
- Both the original service and the upgraded service are pro-rated for the month in which you upgrade.
- Once you extend the contract terms, you cannot return to a shorter contract until your current terms expire.
When your contract completes, you are automatically reverted back to month-to-month terms.