Virtual Circuit Ethernet Features
- Ethernet private line (EPL)
- PacketFabric offers EPL services through our Point-to-Point product.
- An EPL is a dedicated one-to-one connection between two interfaces. Only one EPL virtual circuit can exist on an interface, and no other virtual circuits can be provisioned on the associated interfaces. You can use an EPL connection to build simple, transparent point-to-point networks that carry most types of layer 2 packets.
- Ethernet virtual private line (EVPL)
- All individually provisioned virtual circuits and cloud connections are EVPL services. Up to 4091 EVPL virtual circuits may be deployed on an interface.
- An EVPL is a one-to-many service that can connect multiple locations. You can use EVPL to build a complex and flexible network.
- BFD 1
- ELMI 2
- Jumbo Frames 3
- LINK OAM
- LLDP 7
- MPLS Multicast
- MPLS Unicast
- Pause Frames 8
- PNAC 802.1X
- Provider Bridge Group Access 2
- Spanning Tree
Support also depends on your hardware. ↩︎
Tunneled in EPL. ↩︎
Up to 9096 for EPL and 9092 for EVPL. ↩︎
By default, LACP PDUs are tunneled. ↩︎
LACP is exchanged between customers and the PacketFabric edge, but is not tunneled. ↩︎
Can be tunneled over EPL. ↩︎
LLDP is intercepted by PacketFabric equipment and we do not currently support tunneling LLDP PDUs. ↩︎
Not tunneled. ↩︎