When you create a marketplace or IX virtual circuit, you send a connection request to the other party (the Z side).
The Z side receives an email alerting them to the request, which they can approve or deny.
You can view all connection requests and their status from Marketplace > Connection Requests:
Once provisioned, received requests are immediately moved to the Archived tab. Sent and rejected requests are moved to the Archived tab after seven days.
There are four possible statuses:
- Pending: The request has been sent but has not been approved or rejected.
- Provisioned: The Z side has approved the request and provisioned the connection.
- Rejected: The Z side has rejected the request.
Cancel sent requests
You can cancel a sent connection request as long as it is still pending.
From the Sent Requests tab, click Delete Request next to the request you want to cancel:
A new window opens where you can optionally include a message to the destination party.
Click Delete Connection Request.
The other party is notified that the request has been deleted and the reason (if provided).
From the Received Requests tab, click Provision Request next to the request you are approving:
You are redirected to the Provision Virtual Connection page.
Select a port in the location in which to provision the connection.
This was the location that the A side selected when creating their request.
Under VC Parameters, complete the following fields:
- Make this an untagged VLAN: If available, decide whether you want the VLAN tagged or untagged.
- VC Description: Provide a meaningful name for the connection.
- VLAN ID: You can manually enter a VLAN ID or click Next Available. If you click Next Available, we find the highest in-use VLAN ID and increment by one. For example, if the highest in-use ID is 15, this field autopopulates with 16.
When you deny a request, the requester is notified about your decision.
From the Received Requests tab, click Reject Request next to the request you are rejecting:
A confirmation window appears. Click Cancel or Confirm.