Create a Port
Provisioning a port is the first step towards building your network.
From one single port, you can provision up to 4,000 virtual circuits (as capacity allows).
Once your port is created, you have 24 hours to delete it without incurring any charges.
Billing begins after 15 days or when the Operational status changes to Up, whichever comes first.
For more information, see Port Pricing, Terms, Billing.
Create a port
Log in to the PacketFabric portal. Select Ports in the menu on the left.
Click Create a Port in the upper right.NOTE: If you do not see this action, your user account might not have the appropriate permissions.
Complete the following fields:
Use the search field to provided to locate the data center in which you want to provision a port. This should be a location in which you are already present and can build a cross connect.
- Select a speed for your port.
- The available media depends on the location and speed you have selected. All PacketFabric connections use single-mode fiber.
Click to view optic detailsOptic Type*Speed
1000BASE-LX/LH 1 10 1310 -3 -9.5 -3 -20 1000BASE-EX 1 40 1310 3 -1 1 -22 1000BASE-ZX 1 80 1550 5 0 -3 -23 10GBASE-LR 10 10 1310 0.5 -8.2 0.5 -14.4 10GBASE-ER 10 40 1550 4 -4.7 -1 -15.8 10GBASE-ZR 10 80 1550 4 0 -7 -24 40GBASE-LR4 40 10
2.3 -7 2.3 -13.7 40GBASE-ER4 40 40
4.5 -2.7 -4.5 -21.2 100GBASE-CWDM4 100 2
2.5 -6.5 2.5 -11.5 100GBASE-LR4 100 10
4.5 -4.3 4.5 -10.6 100GBASE-ER4 100 30
4.5 -2.9 -4.9 -20.9
* All cables are Single Mode Fiber, Duplex
** Distance is approximate
NOTE: If there is an optic you want but the option is not available when creating your port, you can special order it. This generally includes a lead time up to 5 business days (if in stock).
You can work with your sales representative to make a special order. Additional costs might apply.
- Availability zones are isolated from each other, offering backup during maintenance outages and protection in case one zone fails. For redundancy, you should have your ports spread across different zones.
NOTE: If you intend to use this port in a LAG interface, keep in mind that all LAG members must be in the same availability zone.
- This option is only available when you select 1 Gbps. Autonegotiation means the port can automatically determine the best speed and duplex mode.
- You will be able to toggle this on and off by editing the port. Autonegotiation is enabled by default on larger ports.
- Toggle this option to use an ENNI-enabled port. ENNI supports QinQ tunneling. For more information, see ENNI Ports.
- Not all ports support eNNI, so this option is not always editable.
NOTE: By default, this option is hidden. If you want to see this option, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter a descriptive name for your port.
Select a contract length for the port. Then complete the following:
- Billing Account
- Select the appropriate billing account to associate with this service. You can also create a new billing account.
- Schedule a provisioning
- Select this option if you want to order now, but are not ready to provision your port yet. You can select a date and time, at which point the port will automatically provision.
- Scheduled orders must be scheduled at least 48 hours out, and no more than 120 days. You can cancel at any time without penalty.
Review your information. When everything is correct, click Place order.
The port might need a few minutes to provision.
Before you can access the PacketFabric network, you need to physically connect your equipment to ours.
For more information, see Cross Connects.