Create a Port
Creating a port is the first step towards building your network.
From one single port you can build out multiple hosted cloud connections and up to 4,000 virtual circuits.
Once your port is created, you have 24 hours to delete it without incurring any financial penalty.
After 24 hours, charges begin to accrue. Billing begins 15 days later.
For more details, refer to your MSA.
Create an Interface: Single Port
Log in to the PacketFabric portal.
Select Network > Interfaces.
Click Create and then select Create a Single Port.
Complete the following fields:
Select Port Location
Select a site where you already have a presence.
Select Port Details
- Select Speed
- Select a speed for your interface.
- This option is only available when you select 1 Gbps.
- Select Optic
- The available optics depend on the location and speed you have selected. All PacketFabric connections use single-mode fiber.
Click to view optic detailsOptic Type*Speed
1000BASE-LX/LH 1 10 1310 -3 -9.5 -3 -20 1G EX 1 40 1310 3 -1 1 -22 1G ZX 1 80 1550 5 0 -3 -23 10GBASE-LR 10 10 1310 0.5 -8.2 0.5 -14.4 10G ER 10 40 1550 4 -4.7 -1 -15.8 10G ZR 10 80 1550 4 0 -7 -24 40GBASE-LR4 40 10
2.3 -7 2.3 -13.7 40GBASE-ER4 40 40
4.5 -2.7 -4.5 -21.2 100G CWDM4 100 2
2.5 -6.5 2.5 -11.5 100GBASE-LR4 100 10
4.5 -4.3 4.5 -10.6 100G ER4 100 30
4.5 -2.9 -4.9 -20.9
* All cables are Single Mode Fiber, Duplex
** Distance is approximate
NOTE: If there is an optic you want but the option is not available when creating your port, you can special order it. This generally includes a lead time up to 5 business days (if in stock).
You can work with your sales representative to make a special order. Additional costs might apply.
- Select Availability Zone
- Availability zones are isolated from each other, offering backup during maintenance outages and protection in case one zone fails. For redundancy, you should have your ports spread across different zones.
NOTE: If you intend to use this port in a LAG interface, keep in mind that all LAG members must be in the same availability zone.
- Port Description
- Enter a descriptive name for your port.
- Billing and Term Selection
- Select the appropriate billing account to associate with this service.
- From Select Subscription Term, select a contract length for this port.
TIP: Note how the Billing Summary numbers change based on the subscription term. Longer contract lengths come at a discounted price.
Review your information. When everything is correct, click Place Order.
The port will need a few minutes to provision.
Once it has finished, select Network > Interfaces and click the overflow menu next to your new port:
Click Generate LOA. Provide this to your data center to have the cross connect built.